I have been a technical translator in the renewable energies and IT fields since 1993.
Below is a list of the sort of documents I translate on a regular basis:
- Graphical user interfaces for software (Windows, Java, Linux/Unix, XML)
- Graphical user interfaces for smartphone applications and mobile devices
- Human-machine interfaces for technical installations
- IT manuals
- Online help in Windows, HTML and XML
- Instruction manuals
- Technical instructions
- Technical reports
Marketing and Copy
This field draws on my creativity and calls upon the skills required to translate a compelling message.
My regular work in this field includes:
- Corporate websites
- Web content
- Keywords for Search Engine Optimisation
- Press releases
- Product sheets
- Case studies
- White papers
- Powerpoint presentations
- Print and digital advertising
- Professional magazine articles
- Corporate communication videos and product videos
I also provide proofreading, revision or editing services in all these fields.
- Checking and correcting the linguistic aspects of the translated text: grammar, spelling, etc.
- Meticulous comparison of a translation against the original text (in English or German) to ensure that the translated message is complete, correct and effective.
Training in Translation Tools
My successful webinar for translators on how to translate PDF files is part of the regular catalogue of webinars offered by SFT Services, the training branch of SFT, Société Française des Traducteurs.